Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Musings on an early "fail" week

Hello my lovelies.......

Here I am writing another SW blog (I am rather keen!!)  but tonight's musings are based not on food, (well not solely on food) but more on our attitudes to ourselves and our overweight bodies. I've discovered from myself and my friends and interacting with the online overweight community, that we pretty much harbour hate towards ourselves whilst we are in our overweight state and that being slim equates with happiness.

I can't deny I've been in and out of that myself since I was about 10 years old (including skinny phases) and I battle with myself about my self worth solely based upon my body image.

First I'd like to say:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

......I'm sure this is how a lot of you feel on a daily basis.

I do.

Marvellous!  :-)   Now that's out of our system, lets focus on ourselves. Our lovely selves.

We are lovely, we are unique, we are kind, decent people. Other people are not necessarily the same, people as a culture are unkind to those they find different or easy targets. We have to accept this, it's a fact of life. 

I'm not some do-gooder, tt's bloody hard when you get abuse, to not feel shitty about yourself. I recently went on a lovely holiday to Copenhagen and the Danish were disgracefully abusive to me, as it's a generally slim, stylish culture there. It ruined my holiday and destroyed my self esteem - I was scared to walk down the street without hiding behind my lovely boyfriend. So I am very familiar with feeling like a bag of crap because of the general public.

I can't deny this has fuelled my desire to lose weight, but I was losing weight before I went there and I refuse to lose weight under any pressure from anyone. I am me. I set my own goals. If those goals are not met, it's fine, I do not feel bad about myself, that is just life. I get back up and I start again.

What I am trying to say in my own way is that our journeys are based on ourselves and no-one else. Those twattish Danes who abused me can just eff off. I was upset at the time, but they have no influence on me now. I lose weight because I want to now. If I slip up, I just sort myself out and get back on plan when it suits me.

There is no "good" time to lose weight. It's a lifestyle.  SW is a fantastic lifestyle.  Added to that is your own self esteem and you need to love yourself and fuck everyone else who doesn't, quite frankley!!  It has taken me til now to realise that.  

Love you all! TTFN
c
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment